Last day to register for a Hoodie!
You know what that means men… Moustache time! Last year we had good group participate in Movember and had a great time with it.
Movember is an annual, month-long event involving the growing of Moustaches during the month of November to raise awareness of prostate cancer and other male health associated charities. The goal of Movember is to “change the face of men’s health.”
By encouraging men (which the charity refers to as “Mo Bros”) to get involved, Movember aims to increase early cancer detection, diagnosis and effective treatments, and ultimately reduce the number of preventable deaths. Besides getting an annual check-up, the Movember Foundation encourages men to be aware of any family history of cancer, and to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
The are two ways to participate:
1) Simply grow a stache, and raise awareness, or…
2) Sign up with Movember.com, grow a stache, and raise some money.
1) Each Mo Bro must begin on the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face (Chase…).
2) For the entire month of Movember each Mo Bro must grow and groom a stache.
3) No joining of the stache to the sideburns, no beards.
4) No joining of the handlebars to the chin, no goatees.
5) Each Mo Bro must conduct himself as a true gentlemen, worthy of the stache.
At the end of the month, the winner of the Movember’s Best Stache Award will get $50 in CFW Credit, get to pick a workout all of the other Mo Bros have to complete (pending coaches approval), and get their check picked up at a end of Movemeber Happy Hour, Sat Mov 30th. I will start a Movember thread in the CFW Members Facebook Group. If you are going to participate, let us know in that thread!
What about the Ladies? Get involved as Mo-Sistas!
Today we are doing Lurong 13.1 again. We originally did this on Sept. 18th. Complete this workout with the same weights and box as before and compare time.
Extra) Hang Clean from Mid Thigh – 15 min to find 1RM (or work on technuiqe)
1) Hang Power Snatch from Mid Thigh – 15 min to find 3RM (or work on technique)
2) Lurong Challenge WOD 13.1
For Time, 18 min Cap:
Wall Balls (20/12)
Box Jumps (24/20)
1) 1 Snatch, Every two minutes, for a total of 20 minutes. Build load over the course of the 20 minutes, 10 attempts at 75-105%.
2) Front Squat
* Set 1 – 3@75%
* Set 2 – 2@85%
* Set 3 – 1@90%
* Set 4 – 1@95%
* Set 5 – 1@95-100%
* Set 6 – 1@95-105%
* Set 7 – 2-3@90%
Rest 2-3 minutes between sets
3) Change: Lurong 13.1 with group